Monday, December 16, 2013

Project Catch Up...

Skeleton Key Shawl
(for Halloween)

Grace's Skeleton Key Shawl Inprog

Love how soft Malabrigo Lace is; was wonderful to knit and is soft to wear. 
This is the SFO Sky colorway.

Grace's Skeleton Key Shawl

Knit on size 6 needles,

Spooky Socks
(Started Oct. 3 & finished in time for Trick-or-Treat)


Had fun knitting these, although I did cut the yarn to loose the bit of white 
after the heel turn to create a smooth stripe transition.


Knitpicks Felici in the Spooky colorway on size 2 needles.

Buoy Socks
(started pre-September)

Took forever to knit these, got stuck at the heel turns but I'll enjoy them in the Spring.
These are out of Knitpicks Felici in the Jellybean colorway, knit on size 2 needles.

Possum Grey


Finished my two ounces of 
50% Merino, 40% Mulberry Silk, & 10% New Zealand Possum 
braid from Lucky Cat Craft.


716 yards (672 + 44) of a two ply cobweb weight.
 Lovely to spin but I got very tired of a solid color.
I'm glad to be spinning something with lots of color changes now...

Lace Affection
(just because)


Love the yarn and the finished shawl but I will never knit another lace color affection shawl;
 the number of stitches truly got ridiculous.


Knit on size three needles out of Knitpicks Shadow in the colorways Basalt, Garnet Heather, & Nocturne Heather. 



Dream Stripes Shawl
(never ending stockinette)

I had to fudge the numbers to get the correct number of stitches to stripes and then I had tochange the lace pattern at the end due to yarn shortage. I might try this pattern again with a smaller number of stripes because the purl rows towards the end were a slog. 
knit on size 6 needles with a delicate single ply.

I think this is all of my finished projects except for a hat,
 which is currently in my coat pocket due to all this cold weather. 
Hope everyone is staying warm : )

No comments:

Blog Archive