Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Alpaca Handspun

These aren't colors I'd normally choose but turned into a beautiful yarn.
This is 4 ounces of 100% Alpaca by Midwest Fiber Company.

I like the finished product but while spinning I did get black fingers.

732 yards of a 2 ply laceweight!
I'm so glad I washed it with some Soak and then rinsed until the water ran clear.
I can't wait to find a project to knit with it...


Best color; though my lighting is once again a fickle, fickle thing. I had bits of floating alpaca fiber everywhere while I was spinning the roving. I finally got myself in gear and finished the singles once I found it incorporating itself into all of my knitting projects.



Once I finish plying the two bobbins, I sometimes have a bit left over which I wind off into a center pull ball and ply it back on itself.

No comments:

Blog Archive