Friday, January 18, 2013

Amethyst Heather, 4 oz!


Finished my first 4 ounces spun on my spinning wheel! I had a bit of a learning curve making sure tension was correct with the drive band and my bobbin; along with the speed of my spinning; and how often to change the hook (it helps to place the singles on a particular place on my bobbin). 


This is Knitpicks Roving Wool of the Andes: Amethyst Heather 276 yards! of what I would guess to be mostly a mid-fingering. (Knitpicks has decreased the amount of fiber sold by 1/2 an ounce in a single purchase since I bought it)


I really liked my tension in the later 3 ounces...
I discovered once I plied my yarn that I would need a niddy noddy to wind my yarn into a skein which I ended up making out of a tutorial for PVC pipe....

No comments:

Blog Archive