Saturday, January 16, 2010

For the Birds





A few weekends ago now Mom finally showed off this great yarn shop she found in Columbus, The Yarn Shop, it actually has two locations but we went to the one in the Kenny Centre which is near a good cross stitch store and a Hana gift store which has a lot of Hello Kitty and imported Japanese stuff.







Back on subject I finally found out what the remnant I bought in Iowa is, apparently it is a corn and nylon blend, it makes very cute birds so I indulged and bought two balls. The pattern I used was Ana Paula's chick pattern but I created the wings, tail, and crest. I thought they were so cute I made a miniature chick which is only based on her pattern but adjusted for size.... I plan to make a whole tree display of them... so cute and so appropriate for Valentine's Day....

No comments:

Blog Archive