Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Variation of Susan B. Anderson's Free Elephant Pattern

Temperamental at the best of times my camera rejects my close-up shots of just about everything unless it can make the background incredibly dark... Anyway I was trawling the web for a cute elephant pattern when I came across Susan B. Anderson's Elephante. I absolutely can't do circular knitting so I printed it out and forgot about it. Well after a loong period of rewriting her pattern, thank goodness it was accurate, I finished this little guy.




I had various fits about the translation mainly where you have to increase so drastically. I used a sock yarn that unfortunately liked to split, and I had problems discovering the right ratio from 1.5" in worsted weight to how many rows I would need in sock yarn, especially since I don't really work in worsted and as such had to really dig to find a sample to measure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

Blog Archive