Thursday, December 19, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Monday, December 16, 2013
Skeleton Key Shawl
Love how soft Malabrigo Lace is; was wonderful to knit and is soft to wear.
This is the SFO Sky colorway.
Knit on size 6 needles,
this is the free Multnomah pattern by Hello Knitty.
(Started Oct. 3 & finished in time for Trick-or-Treat)
Had fun knitting these, although I did cut the yarn to loose the bit of white
after the heel turn to create a smooth stripe transition.
Knitpicks Felici in the Spooky colorway on size 2 needles.
Took forever to knit these, got stuck at the heel turns but I'll enjoy them in the Spring.
These are out of Knitpicks Felici in the Jellybean colorway, knit on size 2 needles.
Finished my two ounces of
50% Merino, 40% Mulberry Silk, & 10% New Zealand Possum
braid from Lucky Cat Craft.
716 yards (672 + 44) of a two ply cobweb weight.
Lovely to spin but I got very tired of a solid color.
I'm glad to be spinning something with lots of color changes now...
Love the yarn and the finished shawl but I will never knit another lace color affection shawl;
the number of stitches truly got ridiculous.
Knit on size three needles out of Knitpicks Shadow in the colorways Basalt, Garnet Heather, & Nocturne Heather.
Dream Stripes Shawl
(never ending stockinette)
I had to fudge the numbers to get the correct number of stitches to stripes and then I had tochange the lace pattern at the end due to yarn shortage. I might try this pattern again with a smaller number of stripes because the purl rows towards the end were a slog.
This is the free Dream Stripes pattern by Cailliau Berangere,
knit on size 6 needles with a delicate single ply.
I think this is all of my finished projects except for a hat,
which is currently in my coat pocket due to all this cold weather.
Hope everyone is staying warm : )
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
For Mom's birthday I bought her fiber from Woolgatherings & spun it to her specifications. I finished a little over 2 weeks after her birthday with 784 yards out of 4 ounces of Australian Merino Wool Roving. It barber poled the entire time & I'm really happy with the finished product. We were so excited after my birthday to use my new swift that it's already caked & Mom's started a project...
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Finished Mom's second commission spinning of Mashed Berries wool top which she dyed herself.
It's 307 yards from approximately 4 ounces (22, 106, & 178 yards, respectively).
Overall I think it took
about 4 days to spin and another 2? to ply.
Monday, September 16, 2013
Finished my Swallowtail Shawl with it's endless charts.
It was fairly simple to complete each row but it certainly wasn't mindless.
Love my finished object but I don't know if I'll ever finish another one...
It was knit on size 6 needles,
with Plymouth's Baby Alpaca Lace in colorway 2873.
Sunday, September 8, 2013
My Current Works In-Progress
- Twin Leaf Scarf- 7 out of 21 leaves are completed on the second half of the scarf...
- Granny Stripe Blanket- Midway through a green stripe...
- Lace Color Affection Shawl- On the third? repeat of the tricolor section.
- Blue Mittens (to be embroidered with wool)- Second mitten has had the top kitchner-ed and I've picked up the stitches for the afterthought thumb.
- Buoy Socks- On the foot of the first sock.
- Dream Stripes Shawl- Switched the needles to a Chiagoo.
- Swallowtail Shawl- Finished the last 3 charts & bound off yesterday. The shawl just finished blocking (It's huge) and I'm just waiting to take photos.
- Ukranian Ironbelly Shawl- Switched to an Addi Turbo Sharp needle & I'm on the 3rd section.
- Soft Kitty Gauntlets- On the first grey section of the second mitt.
- Stillwell Sweater- Working on the waist shaping decreases; it's not really portable so it's an evening project
- Mom's Hand-dyed Fiber Part 2- Finished the first bobbin and made good progress on the second.
- Skeleton Key Shawl- Finished the set up rows and started on the middle set of rows.
- Linen Stitch Bracelet (Gothic)- Have about 1.5" completed...