For Mom's birthday I bought her fiber from Woolgatherings & spun it to her specifications. I finished a little over 2 weeks after her birthday with 784 yards out of 4 ounces of Australian Merino Wool Roving. It barber poled the entire time & I'm really happy with the finished product. We were so excited after my birthday to use my new swift that it's already caked & Mom's started a project...
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Finished Mom's second commission spinning of Mashed Berries wool top which she dyed herself.
It's 307 yards from approximately 4 ounces (22, 106, & 178 yards, respectively).
Overall I think it took
about 4 days to spin and another 2? to ply.
Monday, September 16, 2013
Finished my Swallowtail Shawl with it's endless charts.
It was fairly simple to complete each row but it certainly wasn't mindless.
Love my finished object but I don't know if I'll ever finish another one...
It was knit on size 6 needles,
with Plymouth's Baby Alpaca Lace in colorway 2873.
Sunday, September 8, 2013
My Current Works In-Progress
- Twin Leaf Scarf- 7 out of 21 leaves are completed on the second half of the scarf...
- Granny Stripe Blanket- Midway through a green stripe...
- Lace Color Affection Shawl- On the third? repeat of the tricolor section.
- Blue Mittens (to be embroidered with wool)- Second mitten has had the top kitchner-ed and I've picked up the stitches for the afterthought thumb.
- Buoy Socks- On the foot of the first sock.
- Dream Stripes Shawl- Switched the needles to a Chiagoo.
- Swallowtail Shawl- Finished the last 3 charts & bound off yesterday. The shawl just finished blocking (It's huge) and I'm just waiting to take photos.
- Ukranian Ironbelly Shawl- Switched to an Addi Turbo Sharp needle & I'm on the 3rd section.
- Soft Kitty Gauntlets- On the first grey section of the second mitt.
- Stillwell Sweater- Working on the waist shaping decreases; it's not really portable so it's an evening project
- Mom's Hand-dyed Fiber Part 2- Finished the first bobbin and made good progress on the second.
- Skeleton Key Shawl- Finished the set up rows and started on the middle set of rows.
- Linen Stitch Bracelet (Gothic)- Have about 1.5" completed...
Friday, September 6, 2013
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Finally found satisfactory buttons for this and sewed them all on.
Fairly easy pattern; although I did look over some Youtube tutorials to figure out what Elizabeth Zimmerman was talking about at various points...
Two balls of Patons Kroy in the colorway: Summer Moss Jacquard; knit on size 3 needles.
Friday, August 30, 2013
Clearly, I need to write posts without pictures because this is ridiculous. I've finished quite a bit recently but photos have not been processed; as usual. I've made bits of progress; but nothing significant on all of my projects. I think I'll try a weekly progress update with sometimes pictures. If I can check my email, I can post regularly, right?
My Current Works In-Progress
- Twin Leaf Scarf- A few leaves on the second half, I have 7 out of 21? done; it's on my to-do list...
- Scrap Sock Yarn Blanket- it's been pulled out of the closet and the next small square's yarn has been chosen...
- Granny Square Blanket- A square has been created (ends not woven in) for the last strip before the border (for a 7x6 blanket).
- Granny Stripe Blanket- The next stripe's color has been chosen and the crochet hook found again.
- Swallowtail Shawl- I finished the repeating chart (it seemed as if it would never end), inserted a lifeline, and I'm on row 15 out of 21 on the next chart. I've finally figured out how loose to go for the nupps because, as you know, I tend towards the tight end of the knitting spectrum : )
- Lace Color Affection Shawl- I have finished the loong 2-color section and am on the 3rd repeat of the 3-color section. (Grey, Red, & Blue)
- Blue Mittens (to be embroidered with wool)- I finished the first mitten and I'm about halfway to the thumb afterthought on the 2nd mitten. Progress is slow because the actual design to embroider has not been chosen...
- Buoy Socks- Turned the heel and almost done with the gusset of the first sock.
- Dream Stripes Shawl- Still in the 2 stripes section, I think I'll switch this over to one of my ChiaoGoo needles for sharper points once my Swallowtail finishes.
- Teal Blue Denim Cowl- Finished picking up the garter ridges and knit three rows (ripped back a patterned cowl which was taking too much mental effort).
- Ukranian Ironbelly Dragontail Shawl- Finished the first point and almost finished the second...
- Soft Kitty Gauntlets- Finished the first after ripping back to the afterthought thumb when I didn't add enough stitches the first time (after I bound off and discovered this; it went in time-out for a bit to think about what it did) with all ends woven in. I'm fairly certain they will match identically which is very satisfying.
- Stillwell Sweater- I'm at the bottom chart section; if I were to actually follow the bottom chart. I don't think I need emphasis on my hips or a band to make me appear shorter; but I also have to do some shaping, so I'm still figuring out how to mark where the chart would be, if I were following it. I think I'll put a safety pin marker (no coil for no snags) in the first row of the 'chart'...
- Mom's Hand-dyed Fiber part 2- I've pre-drafted the first two ounces and it's ready to go. I just need to start it and tension the wheel properly. (I also have maybe 3 yards of Mom's Bohemian yarn still on the bobbin which needs plying/washing/thwacking but it's a green yellow...)
- Gnome embroidery- The matryoshka is almost done except for the face, as is the gnome. I need to choose some more colors for a variety. Maybe I can use this for a project bag's side accent?
And this is just a list of all my crafting projects : ) .
When things are finished links to the designer of the pattern, photos of the FO, and a link back to my Ravelry project page will be added. (Mittens and socks are Blog Only because their pattern is rather loose)
Hope everyone has great weather to enjoy & lots of finishing time on the weekend : )